1.21.2009

customer service

i dont argue very much but when i do, the common denominator is customer service. working retail really made me dislike people and then on the flip side, i hate talking to customer service. i have had a fiasco with adobe.com and have called customer service a total of FIVE times in two days. each time, of course, its a different person in india named josh or steven (give me a break, thats not your real name. i know it and you know it.) and each time i get told a different story. one guy wanted to argue with me for 15 minutes when i just wanted my money back. then he told me it would be 7 to 10 days before i would get my $400 refund ( i was charged twice for a product that wouldnt even work). the next girl i spoke with was relatively nice but said it would be a month before i would get my refund but to call back the next day and get my case marked as urgent. so i call back today and a get a guy that wants to argue with me again and tell me it cant be marked as urgent. i had to hang up on him. so i called right back and got a guy that was nicer and knew what he was talking about (somewhat). he marked my case as urgent (at least thats what he told me).

i turn into a different person when im on the phone with customer service. im so non-confrontational but put me on phone and i go wild. i dont hold back. i know they can make my requests happen. the trick ive learned is to be smarter than them. if they realize that, they will make whatever happen. also, request to speak to their supervisor. things (heads) will start rolling. my name is probably red flagged at many company's customer service including potterybarn and adobe. i dont mess around.

if they dont fix my problem, i become theirs.

No comments: