1.06.2010

blast from the wayback

,ive always enjoyed looking at pictures and every time i went to my grandmothers house i would ask to go through all her old pictures. so when i was there during thanksgiving, my uncle salvaged a box of stuff she was "just going to throw away." in this box we found many gems including over 100 year old 2 dollar bills, telegrams, social security cards from distant relatives, two (yes, two) locks of hair (yikes), letters over a 100 years old, and other miscellaneous objects and pictures.

these are some of the pictures found and re-discovered:

my papa forest lamar wright
caption on the back read, "this was taken on a day when there was nothing to worry about."

my mama helen joy speigner wright
the bathing beauty



papa's mother(georgia florence johnson wright) and sisters



papa's sister, doris wright smith and bill



papa's 6th grade class



great great grandparents



my mother, ritchie carol wright blackwood and george wayne wright
every picture is with a dog... still like today



mama helen and george



papa forest



mother being 70's stylish with my uncles, tracy lamar and nicholas chad wright

i looooooove old pictures.

No comments: